The main Triplehappy downloads are;
- Tarrasch Chess GUI V3 for Windows, 68M download
- Tarrasch Chess GUI V3 for Windows (without KingBase lite), 10M download
- Tarrasch Chess GUI V3 for Windows no install version (without KingBase lite), 10M download
- MillionBase 2.5 database in Tarrasch format, not zipped, 230M download
- KingBase lite 2016-03 database in Tarrasch format, not zipped, 86M download
MillionBase 2.5 comprises 2.5 million games, from ancient to modern (up to Oct 2015). Is provided for use with Tarrasch courtesy of legendary chess programmer Ed Schroder. Many thanks to Ed.
KingBase lite is a 890K game database that (because of its smaller size) is bundled with the main Tarrasch package. It comprises games since 2000 by 2200 or higher rated players. It is provided for use with Tarrasch courtesy of Pierre Havard. Many thanks to Pierre. I will provide Kingbase updates as they become available, for the moment they seem to have stopped.
- Tarrasch Chess GUI V2 for Windows, 4.5M download
- No install Tarrasch Chess GUI V2 for Windows.
- The latest Tarrasch Toy Engine
- Reptor (small board)
The no install versions are offered for expert users who prefer to go without the convenience of a setup program. It includes the same Tarrasch executable, book and engines as the install version, just unzip anywhere and run.
An older version of the Tarrasch Toy engine is included with the standard Tarrasch packages. The newer version is slightly stronger, but since it uses time better it is less fun to play. Reptor is an older Triple Happy chess program. Reptor is a repertoire memorization training tool. Reptor is no longer under development, but may some keen users still find it useful.
Note that Web Browsers are increasingly paranoid about security and can be reluctant to let you download and run a program like Tarrasch.exe which is not developed by a big corporation. I am sorry, there's nothing I can do about this except reassure you that Tarrasch is a trustworthy program. (Update, November 2016: Actually I have come to realise there is one thing I could do which is to get the Tarrasch distribution properly signed. I will endeavour to find out what is required to do this soon).